Genres we are ACCEPTING!
We will accept Agented and UN-Agented authors
- must be 18 or older, please
1) We are looking for fiction works. Full-length novels – 17,500 words and up, 120,000 + words, if applicable for the work, may be split into separate novels. No non-fiction.
Short Story - 3,500 - 7,500 Words
Novelette - 7,500 - 17,000 words
Novella - 17,500-40,000
Novel - 25,000-150,000
Juvenile book – mid 3,000-25,000
Young adult book - 15,000-80,000
- Authors with Series books and Multiple books
- Young Adult & middle grade
- Hero stories
- fairy tale retellings / fractured fairy tales
- Werewolf / shifter
- NEW Adult
We do NOT accept:
- Self Help
(2) What we will not accept or even consider is poetry; stories containing pedophilia, incest (as a focal point of a story) or beastiality, in the traditional sense of the word.
Werewolves and other make-believe creatures are acceptable.
(3) DBP accepts manuscripts of most fiction genres except poetry.
(4) Dream Big Publishing does offer cover art and design. We will work with the author throughout the entire process. Or the author may provide their own cover which must be royalty free and preapproved.
(5) We will respond to submissions via email.
(6) It may be anywhere from 2 to 3 weeks before a response is received in regards to your manuscript. This gives us time to look the
manuscript over and make an informed decision. Yet, it can be within the day you submit. Timing all depends on where we are at in our submissions at the time.
(7) DBP will accept unsolicited manuscripts from authors of any background. Though, we do encourage you to look over our submission guidelines first to be sure that DBP is a good fit for your work. Submissions that do not follow the guidelines below will be automatically rejected. The outlets used to publish the authors work are Amazon, Barnes & Noble, other major internet retailers such as Apple and many more. We do every book in print via p.o.d. A contract will be sent to you via email if we accept your manuscript and that contract will have to be accepted and signed before any production of your manuscript will begin.
If you have any questions or concerns please email us at: email@example.com .
To submit your proposal, please email a query letter with the following information to, firstname.lastname@example.org :
In the SUBJECT LINE: Query: title and genre
1. Your full name and pen name, if applicable.
2. Address, Country, and Phone number
3. Your email address.
4. The name of your story, the expected length, and the genre.
5. Give a full synopsis. (Like what would be on the back of your book.)
6. A brief description of your writing and/or publishing history, if applicable. In addition, please include links to your author blog or website, if available.
7. Please include the first three chapters of your story. If we like your sample chapters, we will ask you for the entire manuscript for us to review.
In the body of the email, please also include a brief story outline. Describe only the major plot points and the story's ending. PLEASE inform us if this is a simultaneous submission. It can be extremely
frustrating to spend time reading a manuscript and offering a contract, only to find out the book has been contracted elsewhere.